One of the best site I use to read is Sitepoint.com. Besides great articles, you can find some great books on this site. Anyhow, there is a major problem: they won’t deliver in Romania! Why? They said we are a high risk country.
There is a big, big (huge!) but! They ship in this countries (some picks):
- Afganistan. C’mon, after Monkey Bush seek & destroyed this country, the only books they need is „Rebuilding a country for dummies”!
- Antarctica (!!!). I bet there is some penguins and polar bears who want really BADLY to read some good stuff!
- Bermuda. Probably the package will disappear in the damn triangle!
- Cambodia, Congo and… Congo. Yes, Congo is in that list twice! I don’t know if even they have electricity!
- Christmas Island. Dude, the only thing they need is snow! Every time of the year is Christmas and they need snow. Not books, SNOW!
Ok sitepoint, now seriously: you ship in a LOT of country with high risk of fraud. You even ship in Moldova. Which, if you read a history book, you will find it IS Romania. They only was under soviet occupation, but they are romanian people!
Let’s make a simple list:
- Amazon.com send books & cd’s in Romania
- Amazon.co.uk send books & cd’s & electronics!
- Our country is a fully UE member
- Paypal has finally accepted us
- Sitepoint thinks we are a risky country
I usually buy books I like, but for sitepoint i make an exception: i will download them from torrents. Yes, i know i can buy them from Amazon.com (by the way, they don’t think we are a risky country, but hey, who am I to judge?), but if Sitepoint show us no respect, why the hell show anything else?
Fair enough, right?
PS: Nu vreau comentarii în română. Dacă ai ceva de spus, fă-o în engleză! Orice comentariu în română va fi șters.
- Posted in: